Clients come to Pendleton Place for many different reasons, but all need nurture and support during a period of crisis in their lives. In addition to our highly trained staff, volunteers enrich our client's lives by sharing their experiences, skills, and talents. People like you can strengthen our programs just by donating a few hours of your time. Whether you are participating directly with our residents, are mentoring a young adult, helping sort donations, working on a special project around the facility, or helping with our fundraising events, you are helping to provide support.
There are many ways you can help Pendleton Place as a volunteer. Our goal is to match your talents and interests with the needs of our programs in order to create the best experience for both you and our children.
Click here for a list of volunteer opportunities.
Get Started as a Volunteer
*Mentors must be 21 years or older.* Click here for the mentor job desription.
Opportunities include cookouts, homework help, chaperoning outings, mani/pedi night, arts/crafts, movie nights, etc. *Volunteers must be 18 years or older.*
Groups Are Welcome!
Do you have a group that would like to volunteer? Groups can participate in or sponsor outings or on-site activities with residents (ie. trip to the park, zoo, museum, roller skating, etc.), complete a project around the facility, or help with an event. Please see a sample of our group opportunities below.
*Please, no groups larger than 12 people unless the activity is off-site.*
- Host a Party – Host a party at our place or at your church or business! Sponsor a movie & popcorn night, a pizza or ice cream party, board game night, or any other fun activity.
- Craft Time – Organize a craft for residents. Your group can participate hands-on to help guide them through the process.
- Cooking 101 – Bring your favorite recipe and host a cooking class for our teens.
- Landscaping or Outdoor projects – help make our grounds beautiful and inviting!
- Heavy Duty Cleaning- washing windows (inside or outside) or cleaning baseboards and walls
- TLC for our Vehicles – 4 vehicles that always need some care
Don’t see something you like? We can help create a volunteer activity that fits your group’s interests and needs.
Questions about Volunteering?
If you have any questions about volunteering or would like to schedule a group activity, please contact our Community Outreach Manager, Brandon Blake, 864-467-3650 or email him.